lawson laminate flooring storeLaminate flooring is one of the most popular floors we sell at The Floor Barn. Whether the client has us install their new floor or if they are the DIY type who want to do the laminate flooring installation themselves, one of the most often asked questions we get is what are transition pieces and which ones do I need?

There are several different type of transition pieces, sometimes called trim and moldings, for laminate floors and some of them can even serve the same purpose, but which type of transition you will need for your flooring project will depend on what other type of floors you will have in your home.

T-mold transition –  this transition is used to cover the gap between a laminate floor and a different floor of the same height or very similar height. The most popular example would be where your laminate will adjoin with tile. Or it might adjoin with another laminate or hardwood that you have installed in your home.

Endcap – is used to create a smooth transition between a laminate floor and carpet or a sliding glass door, or if your entry doors are too low to put a piece of quarter round to cover the gap.  End cap transition pieces may also be referred to as a baby threshold or a square nose, a lot of times it depends on the laminate flooring manufacturer.

Reducer – is used to create a little ramp that smoothes over the height difference between floors of different thicknesses such as where laminate will adjoin with linoleum or vinyl.

Stairnose – is used to finish the laminate flooring at edge of a step.

Other laminate trims or molding, not necessarily transition pieces are baseboards and quarter round that you can often get to match your laminate floor to cover the gaps along the walls of your rooms where the laminate flooring is being installed.

Hopefully those descriptions will assist you in selecting the transition pieces that are right for your home and new floor. However, it is always best to contact a flooring professional to make sure you select the appropriate material. If you live in the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex, please contact us at The Floor Barn. We would love to assist you so that you are confident in choosing the right floor materials for you and your home. You contact us here at where you see our retail showroom locations in Burleson and Arlington, TX>

by Brian Heltzel
The Floor Barn

Embedded Link

The Floor Barn Flooring store w/ Discount Prices on Brand Name Floors
DFW #1 Wholesale Flooring store. Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Carpet, Wood, Granite & Remodeling – Fort Worth, Burleson, Mansfield, Dallas Up To 50% Off Retail

Google+: View post on Google+

Leave a Reply